So what are we gonna need?
- an empty kitchen wall
- trivets - depending on how large you want your wall system to be - we picked 4 altogether (Lamplig trivet from IKEA is only £4)
- hooks - you can get either metal or plastic ones, the metal ones are obviously sturdier and you can get 10 pieces for a quid in IKEA
- baskets - optional, we got these wire ones from IKEA for £1.50 each
- a few nails
- a hammer
- kitchen utensils that you can hang - we got a few new spoons, pots & ramekins in celebration of the new wall system, ha!
- a boyfriend who can put it all together - can possibly be replaced by a brother/dad/friend/grandad - anyone who's willing to nail a few trivets to the wall for you
Here's a little step by step guide to the amazing budget kitchen wall system me & Justin put together!
Measure it - nail it - hang it
Can't be easier than that, can it?! You can obviously experiment with different trivets, different hooks and baskets - and you can also hang up more things than we have - Justin keeps sayin' that we should get another trivet and hang all our mug & cups on it!
(excuse the yellow tinted images, there's no window in my kitchen hence there's no natural light at all *sigh*)
This post is a part of Home Improvement Hero challenge by Money Supermarket. You can read more about this challenge here.
How do YOU deal with small kitchen spaces?